Friday, November 13, 2009

Embrace YOUR Life!!!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

A lot of times people model their lives by that of others. We think we want what they have or would like to live a certain lifestyle, but in all actuality, you really don't know how that person came about getting the things that they have. You don't know their day to day struggle. My husband and I have lots of fun and are really close. We have a great relationship, but it takes a lot of work on both of our parts to maintain that. Women often make the comment to me "I wish my husband was like yours, ya'll never fight." My thing is this, we try hard not to allow the outside to know what goes on in the inside. I would always say, "All that glitters is not gold!" We are a good team and have a great marriage, but we have trying days. We have our knock down drags out, but we do it respectfully and with love (most of the time). People will formulate and opinion about something just off of a look or what they think. Unless you know and are behind those doors with others, you don't. So stop trying to be or have what others do and enjoy what God has blessed you with.

We have to figure out how to make ourselves content in ALL things. Whether it be our marriage, our jobs, our kids, or our financial situation, just to name a few. Content is an adjective that is defined as satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else. A lot of times God won't bring us up to another level, because we don't appreciate the level that we are on. We can't focus on the things at hand, because we are trying to get somewhere else that we aren't even ready for. The fact of the matter is, there is probably things that in a lot of people's lives that we would like to have, but the thing we must remember is our situation could be a whole lot worse and that we should appreciate every moment of everyday. God is amazing and nothing happens by accident. So if you are not satisfied with something in your life, go to God and seek his guidance. He may change it, he may not, but we always have to be satisfied with whatever the case may be.

I choose to embrace my life this day, because in the words of my husband, it is the only one that we have so make the best of it. Let's not grumble and complain about what we don't have, but let's shout and rejoice about what we do have!

I will leave you with this, in Phillipiana 4:11 Paul writes, "Now that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

No comments:

Post a Comment