Saturday, November 28, 2009

Testimony

"As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." Psalm 18:30



Hello All!

I want to take this time to share a testimony of mine. God is so amazing and awesome that words cannot begin to express my thankfulness for his presence in my life. This experience has taught me if we just lean and depend on God, he will supply us with our every need.

I was asked to do a reading for my church's Women's Day program on last week. I was very happy to oblige. One of the ladies gave me a book and ask me to read about missionaries. Well, I began to read and thought it was a very interesting article, but soon realized that we didn't have any missionaries in the church or the community. So I thought to myself, "Why would I read this." I then went to my husband and told him my dilemma and explained to him that I did not know how to make this apply and that I did not just want to be reading, but wanted to do something that the women could relate to. His response was (like it always is) very short, sweet and to the point, "If that is what they asked you to do then do it and you have to figure out how to make it apply." So I'm just like UGH!!!! Well, me and my defiant little self, went and asked the lady that have given me the reading how they had come about selecting this particular piece and that I did not really understand how to make it apply to the congregation. She then told me that her and another lady just thought it would be a good piece, but if I wanted to do it on something else then I could. WHAT DID SHE SAY THAT FOR??!! A million and two ideas ran through my head! I was like I can do it on this, this, and that! But nothing ever just settled in my spirit and I still had that little piece on missionaries in the back of my mind....and my husbands voice....and the conviction of the Lord. Man!

So we are up to the day before the program and I still have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I had gone on my facebook page and for some reason the Lord dropped one of my old co-workers in my spirit. I'm thinking, hmmm! Why in the world am I thinking about her? Nevertheless, I did a search for her and two entries popped up. Well I was looking from my phone so you know the pictures show up on a three inch screen, but it had her name and Atlanta, GA (where she is from). The smile looked like hers and she had two little boys, just like in the picture. I did a friend request and later that night got a message back and it read "I'm sorry, but I got this friend request and I don't know you. I was like, are you not Georgia Landis that use to work at Cellular South in Jackson, MS? And she said no, but I am a MISSIONARY FROM JAPAN!!! I almost spontaneously combusted right there on my couch!!! So she accepted my friend request and I gave her the story that I just gave you and she sent me a poem that I could use for the program and she gave me her and her husbands missionary name, and said that they would be praying for me as I presented my reading! HOW AWESOME IS GOD?!

My reading went well and there was so many lessons to be learned from it. I gained a new found Christian friend, she was obedient to the Lord in carrying out her work as a missionary and not turning me away off of a mere error, my relationship with the Lord opened that door for him to do a work for me at the eleventh hour (it was literally 3 in the morning), and it gave me an opportunity to introduce the community to a mission if they so choose to go on one! God is so amazing and has a way of doing his job WELL!!

I will leave you with this, "Not My will, but Yours, be done." Luke 22:42b. GOD IS ABLE PEOPLE!

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment