Friday, February 11, 2011

Let Go and Let God

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us." Isaiah 26:3,12

As I listened to the song "Let Go, Let God" today, I just meditated on the lyrics, As soon as I stopped worrying about how the story ends, that's when things start happening. Wow....I think about when I sit down and read a good book how sometimes I can't enjoy the story for flipping to the last chapter to see how it will end. That's how I think a lot of us are with life. We don't enjoy the moment because we are too worried about the end result.

A dear friend told me the other day that life is a series of complicated events. That is true, but God allows those complicated events to become easier when we keep our eyes and minds stayed on him. No one ever said this life would be easy, but we have to just let go, and let God. He is in complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment