Monday, May 16, 2011

The Book of Isaiah


"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

So I have been inspired by something I read to study the book of Isaiah thoroughly. The following points just struck a cord in me and have been a motivation for me to study this particular book.

The key to Isaiah's relationship with God lies in four important principles:

1. He had an instructed tongue. Isaiah had given over rule of his life completely to God's purposes.

2. He knew the word of the Lord, which allowed him to sustain and encourage others.

3. He took time to listen.

4. He did not flee from the tough assignments. He didn't shrink back.

What wonderful principles to live by! The book of Isaiah is referred to as the book of salvation. I love his poetic way of bringing the word. In Isaiah 6:8 it says, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" He was a willing vessel! I look forward to my journey through the book of Isaiah and will be sure to share my findings along the way.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment