Friday, May 27, 2011

Validation

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ." Phillipians 4: 6-7


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Validation is what most women often need from others to make us feel better about ourselves. Atleast, this has been the case for me and some that I know. I have realized that a huge mistake that I have made within my marriage, friendships, with family, as well as in the workplace is looking to my others for validation.

What I am learning is that regardless of what anyone says, thinks, or feels about me, I know exactly who I am. I know exactly who I am capable of being. I know what God feels about me. With all of that said, at the end of the day, no one's opinion really matters. As much as I would love to be showered with compliments and praises and thank you's, people don't really care or don't have time to care. Others will always disappoint us. We may never get the accolades and praise and thank you's that we think we deserve and it is okay.

We must be confident as women of God. I think so many of us never reach our full potential because we are bound by our own insecurities and our fear of others. If we just let go and trust God, the sky would be the limit, but too many times we are so worried about the wrong thing that we miss out on so many blessings. My mom sent me an instant message and she said, "Hey love. How's your day going?" My response was, "It's a little tough, but I'm pushing through." Of course, her next response was "What's wrong?" and I said, "Just life." She said, "Well I tell ya what. You take it by the horns, get a real good grip, hold on tight, and ride it out like a woman." What I learned from that is that life is hard. It doesn't always pan out the way we think. People don't always appreciate us, but we still have to stay on in there and roll with the punches. We are stronger than our circumstances, God is bigger than our problems. He'll equip us with all that we need to endure. Just never, ever give up. Always know that you are more than your problems, you are more than what others think or don't think of you, and you are more than this earthly flesh because you are God's and he is above ALL things.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment