Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Growing Pains

It is very difficult to watch your babies grow up into toddlers. It’s hard to watch your toddlers transform into the adolescent stage. My eleven year old is at that point where she is in that tween stage and I am desperately trying to help her find a balance. Between the mood swings, the insecurities, and the awkwardness of it all, we are perservering. She has recently been experiencing “growing pains”. It is difficult to see her in pain as with any of my children, but as her mother and a fellow woman, it is my goal for her to understand what it is that is going on with her body, accept it , and to control what she has the power to control and give the rest to GOD.

Strangely enough, I am having to learn these same life lessons that I am trying to instill in her. Life happens. For whatever reasons, life happens. It is up to us to accept life and control what we have the power to control and give the rest to GOD. The struggle that I have is that I realize life happens, I kick and scream not to accept it, but once I do I tend not to do anything about it. That in turn leads to worry and fear which are so not characteristics of God.

I read a quote the other day and it said, “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.” We can’t live in today because we are so worried about tomorrow. I am so desperately seeking to just live in peace and bask in the mercies and glory of God CONSTANTLY. As I fight through my own growing pains, I realize that the devil wants for me to worry. He wants for me to fear. The reason being is he does not want me to go where he came from (Thanks for this inspiration Ms. L). He knows how wonderful God is. He knows how wonderful the eternal is. I am more determined now than ever. The devil WILL NOT still my joy. My growing pains will continue to produce a beautiful life representative of GOD.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment