Friday, August 5, 2011

Sanctify Your Day

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. And Simon and they that were with him followed after him. And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee." Mark 1:35-37

I have a ritual every morning. It entails thanking God for allowing me to see another day prayer, scripture reading, gospel music, and devotional. I have learned that if I start out with God, my day is so much more pleasant. When we give God the first of our day, it says to him, "I acknowledge you as being father over all things. You are in control. I seek you for direction." Prayer and devotion at any time are good, but we don't want to wait to seek God in the middle or the end of the day. That's when things are most hectic and troubles have already begun to happen. We can avoid a lot of pains if we seek him first. Matthew 6:33 tells us, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." That did not say last or in the middle. It said FIRST. Although Jesus was a busy man he always found time to have his devotions with the God.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment