Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Trusting God can be a very difficult task especially when you have for years not done it. What else makes it difficult is the fact that a lot of times we have so many layers of "junk" from all of those years of getting it wrong that we can't accept God's leading because our baggage or layers dictate our lives.

For years I thought getting to the root cause of my problems would deliver me and help me fully trust God. Boy was I wrong. Although I think it's healthy and good for the flesh, it definitely won't set you free. What sets you free is making the decision to trust God. Acknowledging that you are weak and lowly. Acknowledging that HE is the supreme power. Acknowledging that without HIM you are absolutely nothing. It's called submission. It's called humbleness.

What happens is, we get on a roll. We decide okay! I'm going to trust God! No more doing it myself. That goes well for two maybe three weeks. Things are good. The husband is acting right, the kids are together, finances in tact; then the old challenges (or the old devil as I like to refer to it) comes in and shakes things up a bit. The wheels fall off the wagon and everything is a mess. "What happened?", you wonder. What happened is you got comfortable. You thought everything would be "perfect" forever. And that's the first step to failure. Being unrealistic. Life happens. Bad things happen, but it's all in how we handle the situation when faced with adversity. It's real easy to trust God when things are going well, but what happens when your spouse comes home late, when someone wrongs you, when you're laid off from work, diagnosed with cancer, controlled by others. What happens? Do you take matters into your own hands and fall apart? No. You trust God like never before.

As I read Romans 8, I was completely blessedly the entire thing, bur what just struck a cord was verses 38 and 39, "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." that's where my hope lies. Regardless of anything, great or small, I cannot be separated from the love of God. It is up to me to trust HIM with my whole heart, never relying on what I think and feel.

Peace and Love.




No comments:

Post a Comment