Monday, January 30, 2012

Consistently Inconsistent

Consistently Inconsistent

"A man without self-control is as defenseless as a city with broken walls."

My BFF and I were having a conversation the other day and she used the term "consistently inconsistent", and I thought if there was a definition for what I've been, then that's it! How terrible! I pondered on this a few days and I realized that many of us suffer from being consistently inconsistent.

Think about when we go on diets. We start off doing well, but about week two we say, "I'll start back on Monday", but Monday never comes. I personally have a huge problem keeping my closet clean. I'll clean it and organize it and I tell myself I'm going to keep it this way! It looks immaculate.....for about three days! Oh let's not forget our finances! We're going to save and invest and stop shopping.....tomorrow. You get the picture. But for some of us it goes deeper than this. It spills over into our spiritual walk. We say we are going to read the Bible everyday, we won't pray until the going gets tough, and we very seldom spend quiet time with God although we have every intention to do all of these things. We are consistently inconsistent.

Discipline is key in our Christian walk. Without discipline we are vulnerable. Vulnerable to wrong thinking, vulnerable to be influenced by the wrong people, vulnerable to satan's tactics. We have to become so disciplined that we are not wavered by the things that go on around us. We know whose we are and we act accordingly.

Scripture tells us that if we show ourselves faithful over the small things, then he will bless us with the big things. We have to become disciplined in anything that we do to show ourselves faithful and lead a happy and peaceful life. As with anything, we must have a balance and set realistic goals for ourselves.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment