Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fruits of the Spirit: Goodness

"Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men!" Psalm 32:19

So often we say, "God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good!" He truly is! He allows us to get up in the morning, we have breath in our bodies, jobs to go to, families to care for, roofs over our heads, clothes on our backs. The list is endless. Anytime I feel myself getting down or discouraged, I always think of his goodness (it quickly gets the devil off your back too). I find something to praise him for, because there is always something.

Kindness and goodness run parallel to one another. It is by God's goodness that we are able to receive forgiveness for our sins and have good things within our lives. God is kind and good. As a matter of fact, God possesses ALL of the fruits. It is so amazing to know that regardless of how lowly we are, that he is still kind and good to us and available to us. We have to practice those same things. Being kind and good to others will not only bless them, but you as well. God sees and God knows. Ephesians 5:8-9 tells us, "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)." God looks at our hearts and if our hearts are right, that's what matters to him. Let's be women after God's own heart! Let's practice being "good."

I will leave you with this, And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." Exodus 33:19

Be blessed and have an awesome day!

Tarrah

No comments:

Post a Comment