Monday, November 29, 2010

Obedience is better than sacrifice

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" Romans 16:6


"Obedience is better than sacrifice" is a scripture that I OFTEN have my children recite. I want it embedded in their brains so that they won't make the same mistakes over and over again. I also want to them to not get in trouble, but it seems sometimes the more I make them recite it, the worse they get! This is true for us as adults as well (and I'm sure God feels toward me like I feel toward my own children). When we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again, knowing they are wrong, God is not pleased. When we get in trouble, God is not pleased. So we can't merely recite the scriptures and say obeying is what we will do, we have to practice it in our everyday lives because obedience IS better than sacrifice.

If we just obey on the front end, our rewards are so much greater: peace and joy. When we disobey we make sacrifices and those sacrifices are normally detrimental to us. It causes us to give up something we don't want to or suffer something that we do not want. Let's go back to childlike faith and simply obey God in the small and big things. God wants peace in our lives. To accomplish this we must obey his word. He knows way more than we could ever wrap our minds around. Let's trust him and allow him to lead the way! Let's make sure that we are obeying God and not sin! As the opening scripture staes: obeying God leads to righteousness. Obeying sin leads to death.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment