Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Making Time for God

"Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths." (Psalm 25:4)

Spending time with God is one of the most rewarding experiences in life. Unfortunately, a lot of times this is the one relationship that tend to neglect. I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the day and when I do sit down to commune with God, I'm normally too sleepy to focus on his word like I should.

I read this quote recently and although I'm no longer on facebook, it put things into perspective for me. "One of the great uses of Twitter and Facebook will be to prove at the Last Day that prayerlessness was not from lack of time.” Wow! We have time for a lot of other things, but when it comes to the most important thing, we short change him.

If it's just five minutes, make time for the Lord. Become intimate with him and discover him in ways like never before. He will speak to us and give you the desires of our hearts when we allow him in. He's always there waiting. We just have to open the door. My days tend to be a lot more clear and smoother when I spend that intimate time with God.

Anything that is not growing is dead. If our relationship with God is not growing, it's dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment