Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time


I recently ran across this book, Love at Last Sight: 30 days to grow and deepen your closest relationships. I ordered the book for a friend and myself and we are taking the challenge! It has been awesome so far and I'm only on day two! One of the things that has really stuck out to me is the following excerpt:

"When you choose to be all there for someone, you give them your most valuable possession: your time. Time is much more valuable than money, because you can lose money and make it back again. With time, however, once it's been spent, it is gone forever. So every minute you spend with someone in your life is adding tremendous value to the relationship. You are making a powerful statement that the relationship is worth your most valuable commodity. In Hebrews 13:5 God says to us, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." That verse is a powerful reminder to me of te value of my creator places on his relationship with me. God chooses to be all there for me no matter what I go through in life. God is never too busy. God is never preoccupied with something more important. He is always present and available."

That to me speaks volumes. We get so busy and don't have time for others. God has all of us to look after and he is ALWAYS there. That's something to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment