Monday, May 30, 2011

Becoming the Woman God Desires

It's amazing that after almost 12 years of marriage and four kids that I sometimes feel like a rookie in the game of life. Things are always changing and life throws you curve balls. What I have come to know is that God desires nothing but the best for us. He wants this time on Earth to be great. Now, the devil on the other hand, is going to be working twice is hard to make sure that our time on this Earth is nothing but pure misery.

I think about life and how there are so many different things to consume our minds with. There are a lot of uncertainties. Things seem to be only getting worse. There are difficulties in our own households. For single people, it may be the torturing thought of will I ever get married and have a family? For married people, it's coping with how to make your marriage work. How not to throw in the towel when the going gets tough. Then there are our own personal demons. Will I ever find my calling in this lifetime? Will I ever reach my full potential? Will I ever stop living from pay check to pay check and live a halfway comfortable life? Will my children ever listen? Will I ever have children? Will I ever get a bigger house? A luxury car? A bigger wardrobe? Our minds can take us places that will potentially destroy us. We get so caught up in things that don't matter instead of focusing on the things that would be life changing and a blessing to others.

With all of those thoughts and fears that we all go through, I am learning that the only sure answer to any of that is to fall in love with God first and he will provide you with everything you need. Even if you never get married, even if you never have kids, even if you don't get that extravagant home, if...if....if... Check out the following scriptures that substantiate what I am saying:

Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.
1 Peter 5:7


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ.
Phillipians 4:6-7


Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

I could go on and on, but the scriptures do not say worry and be afraid. The scriptures don't say be discontent and frustrated. God wants us to be strong and courageous no matter what. Joyce Meyer said it best, "Married people are mad and single people are sad." This speaks volumes. The ultimate message for this saying is to make ourselves content in WHATEVER our situation is.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content." Phillipians 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment