Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Does God Forget?

My five year old and I were outside enjoying the beautiful day and she casually says, "Mama, does God forget anything?" I told her that the scripture in the bible that I remembered was that in Hebrews 8:12 - For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. She said, "Ok!" And just as quick as she came with the question, she left just as fast! Eventhough she was satsfied with my answer, it left me just in awe of God once again.

I thought about all of the times that I disappointed God, all of the times that I chose sin over righteousness, all of the things that God forgave me for and continued to bless me in spite of. I could only thank him for his mercy! He didn't have to do it, but I am so thankful that he did! He was merciful to the people of Israel in this scripture and he is merciful to us today. How awesome is GOD!

Jeremiah 31:34 - And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment