Friday, May 13, 2011

Healthy Living

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable." Romans 12:1 (NLT)

The Lord dropped this blog in my spirit today quickly. Probably because I need it more than anyone. As a wife and mom, I rip and run all day, every day, often forgetting to eat or simply not having enough time to eat. When I do eat, most times it's standing up. I hadn't really paid much attention to this not really being a good idea because I'm always doing something for my family, so I feel that it's justifiable. I understand now that it is imperative that we take care of ourselves not only mentally and spiritually, but also physically. That means proper eating and exercise. If we aren't healthy, we are no good to anyone.


I have little pooch that I like to dedicate to my children. I have justified my "little pooch" in the past by saying, "Well I do have four kids and I think I look pretty darn good so what they hey!" I now realize that regardless of how I "look" I must maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that we stay healthy. I know that I tend to get stressed with the demands of home and work and several of my friends as well. Stress is alive and well and is also linked to numerous diseases. Exercise and healthy eating will alleviate that stress and help us to feel much better and have more energy.

We not only should exercise, but we should also eat and think healthy. Let's eat balanced meals (and mom's that does not include what your children have left on their plates), drink plenty of water (let's trade in those sodas), and fresh fruit and veggies. It is my will to live a healthy lifestyle not only for my family, but for myself. So ladies, get out of the front of the t.v., put Ben and Jerry down, and let's get fit!

I will leave you with this, "...I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." 3 John 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment