Thursday, May 12, 2011

Are you a Fan or a Follower?

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all of your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

I hear so many stories of corrupt people in and out of the church, people who profess to be "Christians," but truly have no clue as to what God's will is for them or for anybody. Some people think if I go to church every time the door opens, carry my bible around, and pay my tithes, then that is all I have to do. I have seen people grow up in the church and not have a clue who God is! People tend to go through the motions, but never have an idea of what this thing is really about.

God desires for us to know him intimately and to study and understand his word. We have to seek his face constantly and have no one above him. This comes from faith and works. It's a decision. It's a lifestyle. I read a quote not too long ago and it said, "I'm seeking God's presence, not his presents." I thought, WOW! And a lot of times those of us that seek God for the wrong reasons, we want those PRESENTS and no nothing about HIS PRESENCE.

A lot of people believe if I just say I believe in God(and some sincerely do) and ask for forgiveness every time I go and mess up, then we have this free pass or something! No! That is not how it works. God wants nothing but the best for us and he does forgive, but we cannot abuse it. We have to give him some stuff to work with.

The things that fans do:
Cheer
Go to all of the big events
Buy all of the paraphenalia
Love the crowds
Knows the info

The things followers do:
Love one antoher
Have an intimate relationship with God
Not only do they know the word, they live the word

Don't just go to the game, play the game, finish the game, win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment