This is the last post on the series of the Titus 3 woman. I decided to combine the last two: to be a good wife and to be an obedient wife.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."
When we are good wives, it motivates our husbands to be better people. When they see that we have a heart that is kind, loving, respectful and so on, it makes them want to do better by us. Who wouldn't want a person like this in their lives forever. Now I know that there is an exception for every rule, but even in that the bible tells us that we can win our husbands over. If we fall in love with the Lord and possess the characteristics of a true Christian and follow God's word, then he will give us the desires of our hearts and make everything right in all other areas of our lives.
Let's look at some attributes of a good wife according to scripture:
*Submission: "Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ... " 1 Peter 3:16
*Respect: "However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." Ephesians 5:33
*Humility: "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Philippians 2:3
*Patience: "Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;.." James 1:19
*Trust: "The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life." Proverbs 31: 11-12
*Wisdom: "He who gains Wisdom loves his own life; he who keeps understanding shall prosper and find good." Proverbs 19:8
These are just a few, but if we diligently seek to be all of these things and more, married or not, then our lives will be so much better and peaceful.
"If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land." Isaiah 1:19
This is a hard pill to swallow for some. We don't feel that we should have to obey because it makes us feel like a child, right? Wrong. God charges all of us to obey his commands, obey his word. Through doing this he leads us down the path of righteousness. Without this, we are left to our own vices which ultimately causes mayhem and destruction in our lives. 1 Samuel 15:22 tells us that obedience is better than sacrifice. When we don't obey God, our husbands, or even when our children don't obey us, there are consequences. Typically negative consequences. So we have to understand God's word in the scriptures on obedience so that our lives are harmonious.
Obeying our husbands is a command from God, not a choice. Because God made the made head of the wife and God head of the man, then there is an order that we must follow, like it or not. Here are a few scriptures to substantiate. Please delve into them at your leisure.
1. Ge 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
2. 1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
3. 1Co 11:8-9 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
4. Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
5. Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
6. Col 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
7. 1Ti 2:11-12 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
8. Tit 2:4-5 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
9. 1Pe 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
10. 1Pe 3:5-6 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
I hope you were all blessed by this series. So let's go be good, obedient, clean those homes, take care of those children, be faitful and trustworthy!
Peace and Love.