Monday, June 27, 2011

Live and Let Live

Honor all men; love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king. 1 Peter 2:7

One of the many things that I respect about my husband is his wisdom. When I am going through, I can always seek him for good sound advice on how to deal with a particular issue. I struggle with the battle that goes on in my mind a lot of times and I don't quite understand it! The other day he and I were talking and I said, why do I want to control? Why can't I just let go?! His answer was short and sweet (as they usually are), he said, "You just have to live and let live." Those few words had so much power in them.

As an English teacher, I know to live and let live is an idiom. To me it means to live your life and allow others to live theirs. We all have a different way of doing things, perceiving things, and we also all come from different backgrounds and have different make ups. I cannot control anyone but myself so I have to live and allow others to live without interferring in what they are doing. Does this mean that we can't be a support or offer advice? No it does not. What it does mean is we can't be so consumed with what others are doing.

I get frustrated sometimes with family and friends with some of the things that they may do or say, but at the end of the day they are entitled just like I am. We all are human. We were all created by God. We have to individually feel at one with life itself. We can't do that if we are consumed and stressed about what others are doing and saying. When we become one with ourselves through God, it will give us an appreciation and respect with the world around us. It gives us a deeper connection with the rest of the world.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment