Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturdays


There's nothing like a laid back Saturday (I would say when there's nothing to do, but there is ALWAYS something to do). I got up this morning and saw my husband off to a track meet and went and picked my oldest up from her cousin's house so that she could play in her piano guild (end of the year rating on her progress). She got an excellent and was very hard on herself. I thought she did pretty well since she had to play ten pieces from memory, but nevertheless, she is her mother's child. We then went on the lake and had our favorite guilty pleasure, donut holes and orange juice. We sat and watched the water and I got on their nerves with my camera as I snapped shots of them. We then did a little shopping and came home. Now it is quiet time and I decided to take to my computer as they sit QUIETLY in their rooms doing something to QUIETLY entertain themselves.

It is the simple pleasures in life that make it all worth it. Donut holes, the lake, quietness! I thank God for the simple pleasures and I welcome them with open arms as often as I possibly can.

LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
Psalms 131:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment