Monday, May 9, 2011

God Sees When No One Else Does

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

I am growing to discover that as humans we all like for people to recognize our accomplishments, give us pats on the backs, and lift us up. Who wouldn't want praise and recognition? Well, I am learning that at the end of the day praise and recognition are not worth a hill of beans. As I said in my last blog, everything that we do has to be done for the will of the Lord.

In my everyday roles, I feel some times as if no one sees and no one cares. I have come to accept the fact that no one really cares and if they do they have their own lives and can't be worried about all that you have going on. Sometimes after a long day at work and with the kids, I just want someone to say thank you or I appreciate you. That rarely happens. And it my spiritual growth, I have come to the realization that it is okay because the most important person sees and that is God. We should not do things for man's approval. We do things that glorify God.

Some of the greatest people in history created things that are magnificent and they are unknown for their work. Some of the builders of beautiful cathedrals are unknown and never lived to see such a great work completed, Emily Dickinson was one of the most renowned poets and one of my favorites and none of her work was published until after she died, some of the writers of the greatest book ever, the Bible, are unknown. I could go on and on, but you get the picture. We don't wait for man's approval to do wondrous works in God. He knows all and he sees all and as long as we are doing his will, he is pleased.

So whatever you do, make sure it is for God's glorification and he will fulfill your desires of approval.

“I do not accept glory from human beings,but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? John 5: 41-44

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment