Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Role of a Wife

Based upon the Lifting Our Husbands Up and From a Man's Perspective, I was motivated to write this particular blog because I feel that the first step is knowing what exactly our role is. If we know better, we can do better. I do not think that I am going to be able to complete this blog in one posting because there is so much to cover, so I will break down each part of the scripture in individual blogs!!! The role of a wife requires so much that I think I need to write a book....or two! Anways, let's break it down.

Let's take this scripture for starters.

Titus 2:5 says, "To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed"

To be discreet according to Webster is having or showing discernment or good judgement in conduct and especially in speech. Unprentitious and modest. Unobstrusive and unnoticeable.

Chaste: innocent in unlawful sexual intercourse, pure in thought and act.

Keeper at home: I look to my aunt as an example. She raised three children and she makes sure that my uncle always has his meal and a clean house. These things make him happy...these things make my husband happy.

Good: this is pretty self explanatory, but I will give you the definition any ways. Of favorable character, agreeable, pleasant and wholesome.

Obedient to their husbands: Women have a hard time with this one (present company included). Princess Diana even took it out of her vows! WOW! The bible tells us and it also says that obedience is better than sacrifice.

If we do these thing the word of God will hold true and our marriages will be more harmonious! Stay tuned for how to be discreet!

No comments:

Post a Comment