Thursday, July 28, 2011

FEAR

Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. Isaiah 41: 10


There are limitless things that we can fear every day in life. From the economic "crisis", our everyday family lives, to our health. We live in a world of uncertainty. Fear seems almost unavoidable and an ever present part of our every day lives. I have to coach myself through eliminating fear daily. I am a fragile bird and sometimes the smallest things can work me into a frenzy.

One thing I have realized is that we have to focus on life one day at a time. Most of the things we fear are things that will never happen to us. This is exactly where the devil wants us. Fear keeps us in bondage and away from God's purpose for our lives. This is the direct opposite of what God has planned for us. In 2 Timothy 1:7 it tells us, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." If we focus on his word and let it shine through us, it will eliminate the desire to fear because we are trusting in God.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment