Friday, July 8, 2011

Tahiti



"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20


So my bff tells me last week that she's going to Tahiti this Friday. I'm like, "What tha??!! Why am I just finding out about a trip to TAHITI! Take me!" So after I calmed down she explained that she wasn't literally going to Tahiti. She would figuratively be there. Starting today she will be locked in her house and she will only call who she wants to call when she wants to call (I best be in that number!. She will basically be doing absolutely nothing. Sounds like my kind of trip!

"I'm going to Tahiti" has become our thing. I was sitting on my mom's patio last night enjoying the peace and quiet, thinking, relaxing when my five year old daughter comes to the door and screams, "MAMA!" I quickly say, "NO! I am in Tahiti!" She quickly ran away as if to say, "excuse me"! It was so funny, but I realized that we all have to go to Tahiti every now and again. We need those mini mental breaks to stay sane and keep it moving.

I often write about how we give so much, but we don't take care of ourselves and we are broke down, tired, and what have you. Our body is God's temple. Let's treat it as such. Go ahead. Plan your next trip to Tahiti!

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment