Monday, July 25, 2011

Unlimited Resources

"The problem is not our sin. Jesus already died for our sins on the cross. The problem is our utilizing the resources that God has put in place for us to use and live this life according to his will. We cannot seek the kingdom because we don't know the king."

As I read this passage from a pastor's sermon, I immediately fell convicted. I often get caught up in the sins that I have committed and beat myself up through pity parties and self-doubt. This changes nothing. If anything, it only magnifies whatever problems I am facing. Christ has already died for our sins so why do we harp on them? As I quoted from above, the problem is we don't use God's resources to move forward away from our sins to a better life. For whatever reason, we want to rely on our own strength.

The resources are limitless that God provides for us. God promises us so many different things. Those resources could be prayer, meditations with the Lord, speaking the word of God with others, and scripture. The word of God is the key to life. I am so thankful for his word. It always picks me up out of the pit of dispair and places me back on solid ground. We can't merely go through the motions, but the word of God has to become a part of each and every one of us. It has to be a lifestyle. The following scriptures have become my resources:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thing own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"The Lord will perfect that which concerns me: Thy mercy, Oh Lord, endures forever. Forsake not the works of your own hands." Psalm 138:8

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

"For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith." Romans 12:3

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in they sight. Oh Lord, you are my strength and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14

Tap into your precious resources and walk into the life that God has ordained for you.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment