Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jada


I love me some Jada Pinkett-Smith. I have always admired her beauty and style. As she has evolved in her mega-stardom, I admire her work ethic and how she cares for her family. I love other people's stories, especially for inspiration. She recently did an article with Redbook and she talked about how she has had to put her life on hold for her children. She had to make very painful sacrifices, but knew her kids were way more important. Here are a few quotes that I was truly moved by and wanted to pass them along to all of my blogger friends!

"What you're willing to sacrifice is the measurement of how you love."
(ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! WOW! WOW! What a powerful statement!!!)

"At the end of the day, when I'm old and gray and no one really cares [about me] anymore, I'll still have my children to worry about, and that's what it's all about, right?"

When asked about what she thought when people say she exploits her children: "If anything happens to my children, I give all those people judging me the right to burn me at the stake. I'll deserve it."

"I don't think women have to make a sacrifice. They have a choice --always. But here's the deal: You ask yourself, What can you live with? And for me, that question was easy to answer. But good mothers make all kinds of choices. Making a decision that might sound selfish does not make a woman a bad mother."

When asked what's something every woman should do for herself: "I wish I knew. I can tell you what this woman needs to do. Even if it's just 30 minutes a day, or on the weekend, I tell my kids, "I will be nowhere to be found because I need some Mommy time." Do whatever rejuvenates you. It might be a cooking class, cocktails with the girls, or just private time with the hubby. We all have our moments where we run out of steam because we've given everything we've got to everyone else. Whoever decided that was a good thing? It's not. Everyone needs to refuel.

So I know that I have quoted the whole article just about, but I was very enlightened. Although she is HUGE, she still has the same problems and issues that we deal with. She came from the trenches. She's a mom. She's a wife. She gets tired. She has to make sacrifices. She's human.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment