Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Children

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3

Being the mother of four can be a very perplexing task most times. Being a mother period can be a perplexing task most times. I was sharing with someone the other day that our world was in a better condition when mothers were home raising their children, but some where along the way we got liberated and wanted to be equal. Yes, we have gained some equality and been liberated to some degree, but at what cost? Our children are the ones who suffer.

I think so many times we get caught up in the fact that we want to go and do just as the men, present company included. God gives us all a duty to help one another. I have accepted the fact that this life is not about me, it's about God and everything that we do should glorify him.

Children are so involved in so many things in school and out. I need a tutor to help me keep up with the homework, and don't even mention the attitudes that they start developing when standing at the front door of puberty. All children will push the ticket to see how much adults will allow them to get away with. One thing that my husband and I have realized is that if we are constantly repeating ourselves on an issue, then there is a problem and we have to take a different approach because if you keep doing the same thing, you will keep getting the same results (if I'm not mistaken that is the definition of insanity). I tell mine that I think that their goal in life is to see if they can run me crazy!

The point of it all: our children will challenge us. Our children will try and drive us crazy. Our children are very demanding. Because of this, they should be our first priority. Above all else, they are the primary focus. You are not their friend. It is ok to be Brumhilda the Witch (that's just what mom's do). If we are focused, alert, just, and all of that good stuff, then our children will be successful. They are our future. We are in control of what they produce. Also, we cannot allow our marriages, friendships, or our jobs get in the way our parenting. In the words of my mother in law, "You only get one time to do today."

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old he will not part from it."

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment