Thursday, September 8, 2011

Get Deeper

I have come to realize that we sell ourselves short by being shallow and settling for mediocracy. We are flustered by the least of things, and God is typically the last thing on our minds when faced with unpleasant situations. We have to dig deeper. God is deep. Jesus is deep. We should be deep.

As I grow I have learned that in order to be deep, whatever we are involved in or whoever we associate ourselves with has to be of substance. What do you talk about? What do you think about? Where do you go? What type things do you do? It doesn't just stop at that, but it goes a little bit deeper. Why do you do what you do? Is it representative of God? Are the things you speak of uplifting, empowering, motivating? We have to be all about the positive.

When we know better and want better, we do better. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." I think a lot of times we become so accustomed to the childish things that we are afraid of what we truly can be if we just grow up and dig deeper. I think it is safe to say that we are afraid of the power we possess. We are afraid of what God has truly created and the work that he is capable of doing in us.

Come out of the shallow waters. Get deeper.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment