Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Day at the Pond

"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat, drink, and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15 NIV

Obviously I had the wrong thing in mind when my son informed me that he would lovvvvvvvve for me to come to school for A Day at the Pond. When I arrived, I discovered that we would be fishing (pond....fishing....duh). Well, the only problem with this is that I was completely overdressed (was headed to work afterwards). I mean high heel shoes dressed up. Nevertheless, I'm a mama and a mama has to do what a mama has to do! I fished and baited my hook with a worm dressed up.

We go through great lengths to ensure that our kids are happy. The time we had was great and memorable. Being a parent is a tough job, but we have to embrace each moment. I was so self-conscious initially because I thought I looked ridiculous. That all changed when my son, who is very vocal, acted as if I was wearing tennis shoes and a jogging suit! He was just happy I was there. We sometimes focus on the wrong thing when all we have to do is enjoy life no matter what others think!


No comments:

Post a Comment