Thursday, January 7, 2010

Choose to be Positive!

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

Being positive makes my day just wonderful and joyful! But it doesn't come all of the time and it can be quite difficult to attain when it feels that the weight of the world is on you! But if we just make up in our minds that we are going to be positive no matter what, then we will have unspeakable joy all of the time!

People can be cruel for absolutely no reason. This week I have encountered a couple of "these people", and I really had to go somewhere in the Lord and let HIM bring me back down to earth! When we go acting within ourselves we could probably cuss somebody out (yes I know I said cuss and not curse) because that is how our flesh wants us to react. But if we act in the spirit the Lord will help us treat "these people" with love and kindness always. Who knows, it may be just what they need to experience a transformation in their life. If we change our attitude and take a positive approach to everything then we will find so much peace and comfort in knowing that we have done the will of the Lord and we are not stressed about it. Think the best of everyone all of the time, then God will work the rest out. Proverbs 16:7 says, When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemiies live at peace with him." Proverbs 16:7

I will leave you with this little poem about a frog with a hope-filled perspective (from The Power of a Positive Woman by Karol Ladd)

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl,
One was quite an optimistic soul;
But the other took the gloomy view,
"We shall drown," he cried, without ado.
So with a last despairing cry,
He flung up his legs and he said, "Goodbye,"
Quoth the other frog with a merry grin,
"I can't get out, but I won't give in.
I'll just swim till my strength is spent,
Then will I die the more content."
Brave he swam till it would seem
His struggles began to churn the cream.
On the top of the butter at last he stopped,
And out of the bowl he gaily hopped.
What's the moral? 'Tis easily found:
If you can't hop out, keep swimming round.

Be blessed and much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment