Sunday, January 10, 2010

How to Find Peace of Mind

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee. Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us for thou also hast wrought all our works in us." Isaiah 26:3

Peace of mind is very sought after in this day and age. With everything going on we tend to get flustered and frazzled with the every day happenings of this world. It will consume us if we allow it to. The devil is very busy and desires for us all to be unstable creatures. It was a constant struggle for me because when your mind is so busy and consumed with tons of things, it is very easy for the devil to creep in and feed you lies. That is why we have to stay focused on the Lord and his word.

I am learning that in order to overcome this "mind thing" we must stay in meditation with the Lord. Meditate on his word day and night. Joshua 1:8 says, This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

We also must stay focused on ourselves, find peace within ourselves and stay out of other peoples lives. Sometimes we tend to get so consumed with other people and what they are doing, that we have no idea about ourselves! We can't even fix ourselves for trying to fix somebody else. And believe you me, we gots a lot of mess to fix up! I am a firm believer that if everybody focuses on getting their household in order, then the world would be a wonderful place! Sweep around your own front door! Do you! (And courtesy of one of my friends who watches the Judge shows ) Stay in your lane! Teaching middle school students all they like to do is be in some mess so I constantly give the sweep around your own front door speech!

Thinking positively is one of the biggest things that has helped me out. I tend to automatically think the worst of things. I can be a pessimist at times, but my husband is an optimist so we balance one another out. But being a pessimist is nothing I am proud of. Negative thinking can tear you up! Have you ever been in a situation and you thought negatively and the devil had you convinced that what you were thinking HAD to be the truth, there was no other explanation only to discover that you were dead wrong and felt lousy afterwards! (Raising my hand and waving it profusely). Positive thinking and positive actions all of the time will change your life! In the workplace, at home, in your marriage, with your children, everywhere! But negative thinking and negative actions can tear you and your house down. In Mark 9:23,24 "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." That is my prayer today! Lord help my unbelief!

Prayer can turn a whole lot of things around. We all have different praying patterns, but let's make sure that we are praying sincere prayers to the Lord. Sometimes I can be so pitiful all I can spew out is a "Thank You Jesus" or a "Help Me Lord" and that's okay because that may be all I need to get me up from where I am. We must have a prayer life. Give him the first fruits so that our day may be set off in the right way. I have noticed that if I don't pray in the morning, my whole day is just ridiculous! Pray for the Lord to go before you each day and direct your paths! This will eliminate a lot of unwanted junk!

The mind is a constant battlefield. And as one of my dear friends says, where the mind goes, the body follows. Stress is linked to so many diseases. It's a dangerous thing, but we have to be steadfast and we must think positively, mind our own business, meditate on God's word and pray without ceasing. I will leave you with this "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment