Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thankful


So, I was pretty bummed today because my babies graduated from Pre-K and I was not able to make it (due to testing)! I tried to hold back the tears, but as I envisioned them walking across the stage, I couldn't do anything but cry a river!

As a working mom there are sacrifices that you make. As a stay at home mom there are sacrifices that you make. I often struggle with working and having four kids because sometimes I feel like I am doing them an injustice by not giving them my undivided attention. In the same token, I realize that when I was a stay at home mom that we were not able to do and have as much due to the financial strain that it would have.

As I always tell you, whatever the circumstance, everything we do must be to the glorification of God. It makes it all worth it when one of them comes up and says, "Mama, you're the best mama in the whole wide world!" It leads me to believe that I may be doing something right! I am thankful for my big bro stepping in and videotaping and taking pics for me. God always provides a way even if it's not exactly what we envisioned. I am so thankful for my family and friends, because when I need a fill-in at one of their events, a shirt picked up in Oxford and brought to me in Water Valley (thanks Shida!), a shoulder to cry on while their graduation is going on (thanks Grif and Melton), a pre-school teacher who is a God-sent (thanks Steph), or words of encouragement and scriptures (thanks Nik!), they are always there for me and words could never express how thankful I am for that.

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Hebrews 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment