Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No Fear

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

With all that I have going on, I am often bombarded by fear and anxiety. I have struggled with this for a long time. I know that there has to be a total surrendering to God for this to truly disappear. Oh how do I long to just give my whole self away to him each and every passing day! Nevertheless, I falter at times. I had to take a walk yesterday after I got home. My kids were on a role and I was just in a tizzy (as my mama says). So I felt that a ten minute break from it all would help me regroup, and it did! As I walked and talked to the Lord about what I was feeling, I passed this truck and there was a sticker on the window that said, "No Fear." A smile immediately came across my face because I knew it was God's answer to my problem. I have realized that God does not come down from heaven with a megaphone to communicate with us. If our spirits are free of junk and in tuned with the things of the Lord, he will send us those little subtle messages to remind us that he is there and he is listening.

So today I choose not to fear whatever tricks the devil has up his sleeves because at the end of the day, God is in control. He is the captain of my ship and the anchor of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment