"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
I tend to write a lot about the mind. I think that this is one of the greatest areas in which each of us struggle. I know I do. Romans 12:2 tells us, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Don't we all desire to know what God's perfect will for our lives is? So of course the enemy knows this too. This scripture plainly tells us that if we are renewed in our minds then we will know what God's will is which utimately leads to eternal life! The devil is working diligently to keep us as prisoners in our own minds because he doesn't want us to know God's will for our lives and he doesn't want us to have an eternal life. He wants us to burn in hell with his sorry self!
So how do we overcome this battle that is going on?
1. Tell Satan he is a liar. He only has as much control as we give him.
2. Study God's word. All of our answers are in the good book!
3. Pray in areas that you know that you are weak in. Seek God to show you others that you may not even be aware of.
4. Practice makes perfect! Practice having a sound mind. When there comes a negative thought, replace it with a positive one.
5. Be a blessing to others. Do good. You will be amazed at how at peace you will feel when you start being a blessing to others. It takes the focus off of you and your battles. God rewards.
6. Count your blessings. Remember, there is someone out there worse off than you. It could always be worse.
Joyce Meyer has a great book that I read and reread entitled the Battlefield of the Mind. Check out the following link to her site that gives some pointers on a sound mind. It has blessed me. I hope you are as blessed as I have been.
Peace and love.