Friday, July 1, 2011

Self-Confidence vs God-Confidence

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30

Self-confidence is defined by Webster's as confidence in oneself and in one's powers and abilities. For so long, I have relied on my own self-confidence which, quite frankly, hasn't amounted to a hill of beans. We may have certain powers and abilities that we can use from day to day, but when it comes with the things of this world and of this life, we must rely on God-confidence. We are limited in what we can see and do.

God is all knowing. He knows all and sees all. He has the power to do anything. Compared to him, we are nothing. I would much rather place my life in God's hands and not my own. This is exactly what he wants us to do. He wants us to give it ALL to HIM because he has the power to make it all right. We should take heart and allow our daily burdens to help us to gain confidence in God. This is exactly what Jesus did. With that mindset, it allows us to focus on serving others. The trials and tribulations of this life gives us the opportunity to see God do the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment