Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nature


I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver


I am like the most country city girl I know, and the most city country girl I know. I enjoy being versatile and adaptable to different environments. One of the things in this life that brings me solace, is riding down country roads and admiring God's work. As I drove from the Delta of Mississippi to Jackson, I just found an unspeakable peace. It takes me to go for drives at times to get away from it all. It is a place where my kids and I enjoy one another, and discover the shapes of the clouds. It provides my husband and I time to catch up, reminisce, and listen to music. It is a place where God and I can communicate and listen to one another. I marvel over his works. He's attentive to my needs.

We all need to take those moments and discover the works of God. Listen to him. Appreciate the small moments in this life that matter the most.

"I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright." ~Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment