Friday, June 28, 2013

When it all feels like too much



My life is pretty adventurous with a husband, four kids, and 75 hormonal 8th graders. My friends often tell me that we should pitch for a reality television show. In all of the adventure, some days tend to be very overwhelming. I have an escape route all mapped out and hope no one catches me running away. I have quite a few friends that feel this way as well, but instead of hopping the next flight out, we must learn how to stay grounded in the midst of the chaos.

A lot of times I have to remind myself that this is the life you wanted and this is what you prayed for, but when the going gets tough we want to point the fingers and bail. There are two lessons to be learned here. 1. Be careful what you pray for and 2. If God brought you to it, he will bring you through it; otherwise, you are on your own. Now, don't get me wrong, I would not trade my children and my husband for all of the tea in China but sometimes I do which I could let someone borrow them and bring them back.

In those moments of "Can you please come borrow these people", I have to cling to God. He provides me with the peace of mind that he has this handled already. All I have to do is keep my cool and as I read the other day, "Faith it till I make it".

On those days when your children are hanging from the rafters, faith it till you make it.
When your husband can't seem to get down off of his high horse, faith it till you make it.
When work is so overwhelming that you begin to question your sanity as to why you chose this job in the first place, faith it till you make it. You get my drift. Just hang in there, and remember that God is always there. We are the ones that forget to use him most of the time. Women are perfectionists and we like to think that we have it all together, but we don't. If we did, why would we need God?

"Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rests in your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30.


No comments:

Post a Comment